Copyright Notice

This website and its content are copyright of Denis Roussel - © Denis Roussel. All rights reserved

Monday, December 13, 2010

J. Paul Getty Museum's video on the collodion process

The J. Paul Getty Museum has produced a very informational video on the collodion process. You can see it at http://www.getty.edu/art/gettyguide/videoDetails?cat=2&segid=1726

My method is slightly different than the one portrayed: I use mainly aluminum plates and  not glass, they come protected with a plastic film which eliminate the preparative steps that are at the beginning of the video. Also I do not make contact print of the collodion image, rather I scan the aluminum plate and output the final image on an inkjet printer.

My process end up being a marriage of antiquated and modern technologies.


No comments:

Post a Comment