Copyright Notice

This website and its content are copyright of Denis Roussel - © Denis Roussel. All rights reserved

Thursday, December 9, 2010

COLLODION DU JOUR - 100!!!

Here it is: number 100 of Collodion 365

Vegetable Self-portrait as a happy wet-plate photographer.

As you can tell from this self-portrait, I am ecstatic to have made it this far. 

Doing this project has been a wonderful journey: I have started with little knowledge of wet-plate collodion and with virtually no practice of the process, but with great enthusiasm and an infatuation for the resulting aesthetic.  

The learning curve has been steep and necessitated an enormous time commitment (which has kept me out of trouble for the past few months). And although I still have much to learn and am discovering something new everyday, I am pleased with the photographs I have created.

I'd like to thank all of you for your support; it has helped me tremendously through the times of self-doubt and has encouraged me to keep going. The project and the images have generated interest and created opportunities (there should be several exhibitions in the not too distant future...) and I am grateful for the response it has gotten.

Wish me luck for the next 265 photos!

Best,
Denis

2 comments:

  1. Incredible likeness !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing else to say: it's all U except the barbichette missing.

    ReplyDelete