Copyright Notice

This website and its content are copyright of Denis Roussel - © Denis Roussel. All rights reserved

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Collodion du jour - 286

I ran out of aluminum plates for my tintypes, so I decided to give ambrotypes another try. Ambrotypes are wet-plate collodion photographs made on glass.  They appear as a negative image in front of a light background and as a positive image in front of a dark background. It is quite magical.

The results I had gotten with ambrotypes in the past were not to my liking and since then I have felt a bit intimidated by the process. I had thought I should adapt my technique and chemical formulas from tintypes to ambrotypes and wasn't sure what I should really do.

I just realized, thanks to a post by Eddie Gunks on collodion.com, that I probably didn't need to change anything. Here is my first ambrotype in seven months:

No comments:

Post a Comment