Copyright Notice

This website and its content are copyright of Denis Roussel - © Denis Roussel. All rights reserved

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Collodion du jour - 7

My Compost Bin, alumitype on chocolate brown aluminum

There has been a lot of talks recently about locally grown food and backyard farming. I think this is a great trend and I would love to see it expand further. I am dreaming of the development of neighborhood co-ops where people could trade their extra veggies and fruits and a time where we would take charge of the food we eat.

My garden is small and my skills poor, but growing a few tomatoes, carrots and eggplants has been a satisfying experience. This starts by composting has much of our waste has possible, which is a fantastic process, both easy and relevant. In addition, my compost bin is a wonderful photographic subject, in which random composition and the juxtaposition of textures and tones create beautiful still lives.

Denis

P.S. If you haven't yet seen the movie Food, Inc. now is the time to rent it. It does a great job at shining the light on the mechanisms of the food industry and explaining the consequences of the choices that were made in how our food is grown.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Those grapes still look good to eat! Who put those in there??

    ReplyDelete