Copyright Notice

This website and its content are copyright of Denis Roussel - © Denis Roussel. All rights reserved

Friday, September 3, 2010

Collodion du jour - 3 and 4

As a few people this week-end, I will be camping and enjoying the beautiful outdoors of Colorado. So to make up for my absence of the coming days, I am posting a couple images.

This shot was taken in the backyard with my beautiful daughter Enora. In the excitement of her youth, she wasn't able to stand completely still for the full 2 seconds exposure. I still enjoy the image and see it as a relevant trace of our every day life.
This image is part of an ongoing series of still life photographs focusing on common "objects". I find this subjects in the street, in my backyard or on hikes and like the idea that these overlooked and ordinary specimens become the center of attention and take on an extraordinary significance.

I just want to point out that you might notice differences in tones between these two photographs. They are both alumitype (collodion photographs shot on a piece of aluminum), but for the first one I used a chocolate-brown aluminum plate and a black aluminum plate for the second. The tint of the plate especially come through in the shadow areas and influences the overall aspect of the image.

Have a good week-end,
Denis

1 comment:

  1. I like the effect of the chocolate-brown-- it has a hint of warmth to it.

    ReplyDelete