Copyright Notice

This website and its content are copyright of Denis Roussel - © Denis Roussel. All rights reserved

Monday, November 7, 2011

First plates out of the Calumet C1

Last Friday, I finally got all my equipment and chemicals ready to give larger plates a try. It was almost as challenging as my first day in wet-plate collodion photography.
I got very used to my small 3.25x4 in plates and was very comfortable with the process. Going up in size threw me for a loop. I couldn't hold the larger plates the same way so I had to relearn all the gestures. It took me a while to figure out a procedure that felt right.
Eventually I got a decent first plate out:
First plate.
When Elaiza came home from school, she let me take a portrait of her. This is the second plate of that day:
Elaiza.
I really like the size of the new plates, they have a presence that can't be ignored.

No comments:

Post a Comment