Copyright Notice

This website and its content are copyright of Denis Roussel - © Denis Roussel. All rights reserved

Friday, May 20, 2011

My life "unplugged"

I experienced several hours of power outage this morning. No coffee pot to brew my trusted morning friend, no computer, no internet, no phone (since I use Vonage). No connection to the outside world.
What a nightmare! I have lectures to create for my photo class, I have calls to make, I have emails to respond to, I have photos to post on my blog...
What is a modern man to do in such situation, beside sitting on the floor in a fetal position and cry in frustration?
Fortunately I had wet-plate collodion to save me. As long as there is a sun in the sky (even hidden behind thick clouds), there are photos to be taken. I grab my red bike light and my trusted Petzl and onward I go. The smell of ether, so sweet to my nostrils and numbing for my brain. How wonderful! A few images later, I am back with you my friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment