Copyright Notice

This website and its content are copyright of Denis Roussel - © Denis Roussel. All rights reserved

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Collodion du jour - 58



Every photographer has to take at least one photograph of a pear. Here is my collodion version.

I am happy with the composition, which is a good thing because I didn't get a second chance...
After I took this photographs, I processed the plate as usual and got my chemicals ready for the next picture. By the time I finished my preparation and went back outside (where I was shooting), I couldn't find my pears. They had disappeared!
Well they had only partly disappeared... in the mouths of a couple squirrels!!!
They went right for my only red pear.

Since then, I have been pondering the example of my wife's Grandpa who used to capture the squirrels that ventured on his property, showered them with a bucket of cold water, painted their tails blue and released them in a nearby city park. If they dared to come back, they were easily spotted and met their final, terrible fate... Anyhow I like the idea of painting squirrels tails in bright colors, it would make the neighborhood that much more interesting.


1 comment:

  1. What about stray cats? We've got lots of those. I'm sure Grandpa Biga would approve of painting their tails too.

    ReplyDelete